Click the Add New Server button to add a new server
Select an existing server and click the Edit Existing Server button
To connect to your site using Dreamweaver:
- Select Site > Manage Sites.
- Click New to set up a new site, or select an existing Dreamweaver site and click Edit.
- In the Site Setup dialog box, select the Servers category and do one of the following:
The following illustration shows the Basic screen of the Server category with the text fields already populated.
Basic screen of the Server category, Site Setup dialog box.
- In the Server Name text box, specify a name for the new server. The name can be anything of your choosing.
- Select FTP from the Connect Using pop-up menu.
- In the FTP Address text box, enter the address of the FTP server to which you upload files for your website. You can use your domain name or IP address as the FTP address.
- In the Username and Password text boxes, enter the username and password that you use to connect to the FTP server. You may need enter mediathree\ before your user name like this: mediathree\username
- Click Test to test your FTP address, username, and password.
- Dreamweaver saves your password by default. Deselect the Save option if you prefer that Dreamweaver prompt you for a password each time you connect to the remote server.
- In the Root Directory text box, enter the directory (folder) on the remote server where you store documents that are visible to the public. Your user name is set up as a virtual directory on the server, so you may need to set the remote site or root directory to /username